Friday, May 30, 2014

Timely TpT Products

I am realizing that products geared towards a specific time of the year are like gold on TpT.  I recently posted some preschool and kindergarten graduation diplomas and certificates.  They are selling like hotcakes!  (Ok, maybe “warm cakes” is more accurate, but it’s still better than anything I sold last month!) 

This has made me really think about the importance of having products that teachers need WHEN they need them.  This is another one of my “Duh” moments because this is such a simple idea that I should have gotten it long ago.

As much as I don’t like seeing Christmas decorations in stores when it’s not even October, that’s what I have to do.  I need to think several months in advance about what people what be shopping for so that I have those products ready before the shoppers need them. 


I thought about making a spread sheet of seasonal products, including when I should develop the products and when shoppers would potentially buy them.  But my head was starting to swim with too much information!  I think for now, I’ll just stick to my informal rule that I should start to develop products at least 2 months before I think a shopper would need it.  But of course that rule is subject to change because my world is crazy and rules don’t last very long here! 


No comments:

Post a Comment