Tuesday, April 1, 2014

What's Your Niche?

So, things have been a little slow at my TpT store.  I’ve been trying to develop products, but I haven’t really defined what I want my store to be yet.  So here’s what I’m learning…as a seller, it’s important to find a niche.  I like that word, “niche”.  It means that you need to find your own little corner of the world, where your TpT store can live and grow.  I like to think of my niche as a real place.  I figure when I know where my niche is, I will know what kind of products to make and who my buyers will be.

Here are some things to think about when looking for your niche:

Ask yourself what you are passionate about in your teaching.  (If you’re not a teacher, please apply this question to your own TpT work)  What makes your heart sing with joy?  What part of your work makes you smile? 

Where do you see a need in your area of teaching?  Is there some product that you have searched for on the Internet and couldn’t find?  Do you think you could make this product?

What type of resources do you need in your own classroom?  What type of resources would you be PROUD to use in your classroom? 

Have you ever had colleagues ask for copies of classroom materials that you have designed? 

When I asked myself these questions, I realized that I want my store to reflect my teaching philosophy.  I teach preschool, and I strongly believe in play-based learning.  I have decided to focus on products that promote hands-on learning, social development and inquiry. 


Please comment to let us know what your niche is!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. voyance-telephone-gaia.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post. berita judol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was reading some of your content on this website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up. berita judol

    ReplyDelete